- Lightweight, Breathable, & Stretchy Polyester Fabric
- Maximum Comfort + Blocks Elements & Insects
- Machine Washable and Reusable
- Moisture Wicking + Dries Quickly + UV Protection
- Ultra Versatile - Wear it as a gaiter, mask, headband and more.
- One Size Fits All
Wearing and Removing
Wearing and Removing Your Neck Gaiter
If you are planning on using your neck gaiter as a face covering (especially during the COVID-19 pandemic) the first thing you need to do is wash your hands before putting it on. Once you have clean hands, you can grab the gaiter with the front facing outwards and slide it over the top of your head and pull downwards until it is positioned around your neck. Avoid touching the front of the gaiter as much as you can while doing this.
Typically, a gaiter simply sits around your neck, keeping it nice and toasty. But when necessary, you can just pull it up to cover your chin, mouth, and nose to use as a mask – and then back down around your neck when you’ve returned to your car or your home. When pulling the gaiter up to cover your face, be sure to pull it up from the sides and avoid touching the front of it with your hands. There’s no need to tie fabric straps or slide elastic straps over the ears.
As with putting the gaiter on, when removing it start by washing your hands to avoid contaminating it. You will then want to grab the gaiter by the sides and pull upwards until you have removed it from your head. Once you have removed the gaiter, wash your hands once again and place it in a safe place where it cannot become exposed to germs or bacteria. See the section below for additional information on how to wash and care for your neck gaiter when you are not wearing it.
Washing and Caring for Your Neck Gaiter
Before the first use of your custom neck gaiter, be sure to wash it. In addition, wash it following each use.
The best way to wash your neck gaiter is to simply use your washing machine; then place in your dryer on the air dry setting.
When removing your custom neck gaiter after use, do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth. Always wash your hands immediately after removing your gaiter.[/super_tab]
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has issued recommendations for face coverings intended to help slow the spread of COVID-19, including:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
- Cloth face covers are not a substitute for social distancing. Please maintain a distance of 6 feet between yourself and others – you can spread COVID-19 to others even if you do not feel sick.
- Wear face coverings when going out in public, particularly where other social-distancing measures are difficult to maintain, such as in grocery stores, retail stores, pharmacies, etc.
- Face coverings should not be placed on: young children under the age of 2; anyone who has difficulty breathing; or is otherwise unable to remove the face covering without assistance, incapacitated, or unconscious.
- Do not use a face covering meant for a healthcare worker or first responder.
- You can find more detailed CDC face mask information on the CDC's website.
Neck Gaiter FAQ
- What material are your custom neck gaiters made from?
- We make our custom neck gaiters from single layered polyester-spandex. They’re durable and breathable, wick moisture, and dry quickly. The spandex means that they stretch to fit basically any adult with our one-size fits all neck gaiter.
- What type of printing process do you use for adding designs to custom neck gaiters?
- We print our custom neck gaiters utilizing a dye sublimation process. We first digitally print your design in reverse on heat-transfer paper; then, we feed both the paper and the polyester fabric into a heat-transfer machine, which transfers the image from the paper directly to the neck gaiter’s fabric. This process serves to embed the design right into the fabric – so you get a durable, high-quality gaiter that can be easily cleaned. This process also ensures that your neck gaiter is washable and will not chip, peel, or crack.
- If I want you to print my neck gaiter with multiple colors, will it cost more?
- Nope. As noted above, our custom neck gaiters are printed with a dye-sublimation process in full color. We can, of course, print just a single color, but printing in full color or one color will not affect the price.
- Are your custom neck gaiters printed on both sides – the outer as well as the inner surface?
- No, we only print the gaiter’s outer surface. The inner surface remains essentially white (the natural color of the polyester-spandex fabric).
- How soon will I receive my custom neck gaiter once I’ve ordered it?
- We’re offering 4-day production on our custom neck gaiters, with no minimum order. The actual delivery date will depend upon which shipping method you choose.
- What is the lifespan of your custom neck gaiters – and are there any durability concerns?
- Because we’re utilizing polyester fabric in conjunction with dye-sublimation inks, our neck gaiters will last approximately 1-3 years, depending upon use. The polyester is a major factor in their durability. However, as with all fabrics, they can be ripped or torn if they’re handled roughly or carelessly when putting them on or removing them.
- Do your custom neck gaiters have a seam?
- Yes, there is a seam that creates the tubular shape. This seam will be on the inside of your neck gaiter and is barely noticeable. Further, the top and bottom of your gaiter are cover-stitched allowing for a clean edge and more stretching and flexibility of the final product.
- Are there restrictions when it comes to what I have printed on my custom neck gaiter? My company logo? Sports logos, cartoon characters, superheroes?
- You can, of course, print your own company logo onto your custom neck gaiter – or any image or design you have copyright/trademark permission to or have created yourself. Plus, don’t forget that we offer free design services on our custom neck gaiters (see below). However, printing any copyrighted image of a sports logo, athlete, cartoon character, superhero, etc. that you don't have permission to use is prohibited by copyright laws – which would include Disney characters, logos from the NBA, MLB, NHL, NFL, NCAA, Star Wars, Marvel, and DC Comics characters, and all animated cartoon characters. Permission from the copyright holder is needed in order to print such images; if you don’t have the express permission of the copyright holder, you would be violating our terms of service and the terms of the copyright material.
- Your design services are really free? How does that work?
- Yes, our design services are indeed free for our custom neck gaiters (and any signage). We know that it’s easy to get frustrated creating a design that meets your needs. So here at Signs.com we’ll work with you for free on up to two mock-ups, as long as you plan to purchase the product from us that we’re helping you design. We have found that we can almost always create what you want within two mock-ups if you provide enough details on your design needs up-front.
- What shipping carrier do you use
- Our standard carrier is UPS. For Neck Gaiter orders that don’t quality for free shipping you will be given the option of UPS shipping as well as flat rate shipping from USPS so you can choose whatever carrier and price works best for you.
- So, just to make sure, your custom neck gaiters are not appropriate for use in medical situations, right?
- Correct – our custom neck gaiters (as well as our custom face masks) are intended only for general use while out in public. They are not medically rated, and they are not intended for use in any of the following settings: (1) in any surgical setting, or where significant exposure to liquid, bodily, or other hazardous fluids may be encountered; (2) in a clinical setting with the risk of high infection due to inhalation exposure; or (3) in the presence of high-intensity heat or flammable gas. Only NIOSH-certified N-95 respirator masks should be used in these settings. We make no warranties, either express or implied, that our custom neck gaiters or our custom face masks prevent infection or the transmission of viruses or diseases.
- Are neck gaiters known by any other terms
- Yes! There are a number of interchangeable or closely related terms used when referring to neck gaiters. These include, but aren’t limited to: neck warmers, buffs or custom buffs, neck gaiter bandanas, face shield bandana, covid gaiter, gaiter scarf, tube scarfs, balaclavas, and more. While the definition and functionality of each of these may vary slightly, for the most part they all refer to a fabric face covering intended to protect one’s head, face, and neck from the elements. In particular, neck gaiters have risen in popularity in light of the CDC’s recommendation that everyone cover their face in public to help slow the transmission of the covid-19 virus.
- What if my gaiter falls off of my nose after a while?
- These gaiters are designed to fit most faces with just the right amount of stretch. However, if your gaiter is falling off of your nose, you simply need to hike it up the back of your head to add a bit more tension on the fabric and then it will stay up just fine.